Chetana RG Kaasam, Esq
Chetana RG Kaasam is a Hyderabad based attorney and a Partner at the Indian affiliate of SLG.
Chetana is licensed to practice law both in India (Andhra Pradesh) and USA (New York) making her a valuable asset for our global practice. She travels to the USA regularly as work demands.
Owing to her passion for securities practice, Chetana interned with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (Corporation Finance), Washington, DC (2009). As a law student, Chetana clerked with the Honorable Justice S.N. Variava, who was a Judge of the Supreme Court of India (2003).
Chetana earned her Bachelors of Law degree from NALSAR University of Law, India (2004). She then went on to pursue LLM in International Business Laws from the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK (2005). She then worked with a top national law firm in India in their capital markets/ private equity practice (2005-2008). She obtained her second LLM in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown Law (2009). Chetana also taught US securities laws and Global financial regulation as visiting faculty at her alma mater, NALSAR University of Law, India for a semester (2015).Subsequently, Chetana served as a Partner at a regional law firm in Hyderabad, India and worked with startups (2015-2016). Prior to establishing her practice at [NAME OF THE INDIA LAW FIRM WHEN INCORPORATED], Chetana was an Attorney at a national law firm in the USA and practiced in the areas of general civil litigation, general corporate and immigration.
Areas Of Practice
- New York
- Andhra Pradesh, India
- BA.B.L (Hons) from NALSAR University of Law, India.
- LLM in International Business Laws from London School of Economics, UK.
- LLM in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown University Law Center, USA.
Publications as a law student
- Research paper on ‘Further Issue of Capital’, published in the Consolidated Commercial Digest; Volume 7: Part 6 (2004).
- Research paper on ‘Inter-state sale under the Central Sales Tax Act, 1956’, published in the Consolidated Commercial Digest; Volume 6: Part 6 (2003).